For leading Healthy Living Lifestyle, it is important to look at your daily eating habits and routine. Are you really getting healthy food daily? Which foods are healthy? Which food contains which healthy components that will help you to lead on Healthy Living Lifestyle? A lot of questions will arise.
Try hard to maintain the eating habits and make sure you have all the ingredients on your daily food routine that leads you to your expected healthy living. Specialists say about eating list that you must know.
- Habits on Fruits and Vegetables
- When in Season, Eat Locally
- Avoid Excess Eating Habits
- Eat Diary Products in Moderation
- Drink Tap Water
- Avoid Unnecessary Packaging
- Please Choose Sustainably Sourced Sea-food.
- Keep Choosing Whole Grains
1. Habits on Fruits and Vegetables
We all know that fruits are good for our health and vegetables as well and most come with a low environmental impact. Exceptions! as some require a lot of resources to transport and keep fresh. As a result, eating these less frequently can increase the sustainability of our diets significantly. For examples:
- Salads & Berries: Fragile Vegetables & Fruits or require refrigeration.
- Tomatoes & Cucumbers: Grown in protected conditions, those vegetables are important.
- Green Beans, Mangetouts or Berries: Fruits & Vegetables those are imported from Southern Hemisphere and use a lot of resources
2. When in Season, Eat Locally
Locally-grown foods are easily available and can be a sustainable choice. The cost of producing local foods beyond their natural growing seasons could be higher than shipping that are in season somewhere else. It’s a quite good advice to eat locally, when in season.
3. Avoid Excess Eating Habits
Everyone eat or consume food not more than he needs. Try to avoid eating more than needed, especially treats. As a result, it helps us to keep healthy and avoid excessive weight gaining. Pay attention to all your daily eating routine to avoid unnecessary over-consumption in all useful ways.
4. Eat Diary Products in Moderation
Did you know? Milk and Diary products are very significant source or protein, essential amino acids and calcium as well. These foods also help us to reduce the risk of several chronic diseases. Including High Blood Pressure, Stroke, Metabolic Syndrome, Type-2 Diabetes and Bowel Cancer. Suggestions from Healthy Living Lifestyle advisers:
- In moderation, please enjoy low-fat unsweetened dairy products daily.
- Reduce consumption of high-fat cheeses
- Those who choose to eliminate dairy completely, opt for plant-based drinks those are fortified with vitamins and minerals as well, like calcium.
5. Drink Tap Water
Healthy living not only depends on healthy foods but also pure drinking water. The standards of water quality and safety in Europe are high. It means pure water. So we can re-fill a reusable water bottle at the tap instead of buying bottled water as many times as we want. This also matters that the tap water costs a fraction of the price of bottled water and reduces our ecological footprint as well.
6. Avoid Unnecessary Packaging
Packaged products contain many unnecessary ingredients and mix with our blood. Extra fatty ingredients are seen most of the time. We all can reduce of consuming the amount of packaged products we buy (think of bulk apples versus cling-film wrapped ones), or opt for materials that are biodegradable, fully recyclable, or made from recycled materials.
7. Please Choose Sustainably Sourced Sea-food
Did you know? Sea fishes are good source of healthy Omega-3 fatty acids. This fatty acid contribute to brain function, heart health and normal vision. But eating much will cause problems. In order to be benefited from the necessary nutrients and reduce problems:
- Please, consume fish and also sea-food 1-2 times weekly to provide the necessary nutrients.
- And Again, choose fish and seafood marked with a sustainability label from certified organisations such as the Marine Stewardship Council.
8. Keep Choosing Whole Grains
Whole grains are good for health, reducing our risk of cardiovascular diseases, overweight and type-2 diabetes.
- Unrefined barley, whole meal bread, whole grain pasta, quinoa and buckwheat are good choice.
- Looking for good substitute for white rice? Answer is brown rice. But, it should be enjoyed in moderation.
The examples of product links used above are affiliate links and honestly
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases”